Why Clients Secretly Love TurboTax
Why DIY tax software is affecting your client relationships & how to fight back.
Each year more and more clients are choosing to prepare their own taxes - in the last 5 years, 95% of all new tax returns that entered the market were "self-prepared".
Why is that?
Why are so many clients choosing to have a relationship with DIY(Do It Yourself) products like TurboTax, over a tax professional?
More importantly, what can you do about it?
Well the first thing is gaining understanding about why this is happening.
The tax & accounting industry is changing fast but the clients that have traditionally turned to this industry for help are changing even faster, and there are specific reasons why...
This course will explain in detail the changes happening with clients that are causing them to turn to TurboTax and other "self-prepared" products.
Then we'll outline step-by-step how you can put together an action plan to make competition against DIY preparation software obsolete.
- Why "self-prepared" returns are out pacing "professionally prepared" returns by a landslide
- The "new normal" that's being established in the industry right now
- How this new normal is directly affecting your practice (even though you may not realize it)
- How your clients have been affected by these changes & what they want you to do about it
- Step-by-step how to take advantage of these changes and realize huge profits
Course Syllabus | This course will reveal data-driven insights about outside forces that are fighting against your practice. We'll give you the specific knowledge you need to combat these forces and realize more profits in the next decade than 80% of other firms.
Free Preview Lesson | Introduction
Lesson 1 | Understanding the Change
Lesson 2 | How the New Normal Affects All of Us
Lesson 3 | Putting Together Your Pivot Plan
Who Should Take This Course
1. Anyone who wants to retain profitable client relationships in this climate
2. Firm owners/managers who want to better understand clients true feelings regarding TurboTax & DIY solutions
3. Tax & Accounting professionals who never want to feel squeezed by competitive pressures
Firms who understand AND act on the current changes affecting this industry, will have huge advantages in the next few years over firms that don't. Don't let the unique opportunity to gain marketshare over your competition pass you by.
Chris is the co-founder of TaxPro University & SmartCenter. He has been doing taxes & financial planning for over 30 years. With a successful practice in southern California, he loves helping other tax pros cut through the noise and get better results. Outside of the office Chris is a passionate soccer advocate, and chooses sailing over golf any day.
StartLesson 1 - Understanding Change (7:51)
StartLesson 1 - Understanding Change | Section 2 (5:44)
StartLesson 2 - How the New Normal Affects All of Us | Section 1 (23:07)
StartLesson 2 - How the New Normal Affects All of Us | Section 2 (17:36)
StartLesson 3 - Putting Together Your Pivot Plan (32:10)